The Library 2.012 Virtual Conference is next week and there are 148 presentations (and counting) scheduled over 2 days. They cover six different "strands":
- STRAND 1: Libraries – Physical and Virtual Learning Spaces
- STRAND 2: Librarians & Information Professionals – Evolving Professional Roles in Today’s World
- STRAND 3: Content & Creation – Organizing and Creating Information
- STRAND 4: Changing Delivery Methods
- STRAND 5: User Centered Access
- STRAND 6: Mobile and Geo-Social Information Environments
Here is a sampling of the presentations:
- ALA Presents Ebook Business Models for Public Libraries
- Cultivating Culture: Promising Virtual Practices for Indigenous Communities
- Toward a Sustainable Embedded Librarian Program
- DDA@UNT: How's that workin' for ya'?
- DDA in the Real World: How does our DDA compare with our other book collections?
OK, I confess...the list is a bit biased...the last two are mine. I hope these will be a stimulating look at what our patrons have selected and how they compare with our print and EBSCO eBooks collection. This will be my first presentations using WeCollaborate, which provides a slightly more interactive environment than simple webcasting.
But even if my topic of demand-driven acquisitions is not on your radar, consider taking a moment to look at the options available and take advantage of this opportunity to see what others have done.